Spark Power provides services for community groups focused on renewable energy, including renewable energy co-operatives.
The Green Energy Co-operative of Ontario (GECO) is a “for profit” renewable energy co-op, providing membership and investment opportunities for Ontario residents. It allows you to own and generate returns from green energy projects in your community, creating clean local power while supporting local employment and community development.
GECO has a portfolio of 18 solar projects in progress with a total of 6,200 kW of capacity. Spark Power manages all aspects of the co-operative, including:
- Professional management
- Enrollment of over 550 members in to the co-op
- Raising $3M in equity from Ontario residents
- Negotiating debt facility of >$20M for GECO and other community solar developers
- Construction management
- Meeting OPA contract requirements
- Securing $650,000 in Community Energy Partnership Program grants for GECO
Becoming part of the GECO co-operative means having access to investment opportunities, the chance to have a say in the co-op’s decisions, the ability to participate in a clean energy source and supporting continued solar power development across Ontario, while receiving a good return on investment.
For more information about GECO, visit us at www.geco.coop